With the world currently experiencing travel disruptions due to the coronavirus, enjoying some of Hong Kong’s top spots first-hand is just not possible at this moment. But that shouldn’t stop you from checking out some of Hong Kong’s impressive attractions and experiences virtually! Many popular destinations in Hong Kong are now offering virtual experiences — it’s the next best thing to actually visiting in person! Here’s a list of top Hong Kong virtual tours and experiences you can enjoy without leaving your sofa:
- Ngong Ping 360 — one of the top attractions in the city — is offering a virtual tour, with the Big Buddha, Wisdom Path and Ngong Ping Village as a few of the stops.
- Check out multiple art exhibits with K11 Art Foundation’s current KAF X Serpentine Galleries X Nowness Collaboration, which are available now until 29 May.
- We’re all excited for the West Kowloon Cultural District to fully open, but in the meantime check out M+ Collections Beta. It has over 5,000 objects on virtual display, offering photography, visual art, design and architecture, moving images and more to pique your artistic interest.
- Enjoy an interactive 360-degree experience with Sotheby’s Hong Kong to virtually tour the exhibition and four beautifully curated galleries with modern, contemporary and Southeast Asian art.
- Tour the Hong Kong Museum of Art in the Virtually@HKMoA section where you can browse multi-media programs, check out the audio guide and view pamphlets of their exhibitions. Access a massive library of their collections and past shows through Google Arts & Culture.
- Asia Society Hong Kong Center and The Hong Kong Art Gallery Association have teamed up to bring online viewers a one-month Sculpture Exhibition, which features art from international and local galleries and a full-day Art Talk programme live-streamed on Facebook.
The Hong Kong Tourism Board disclaims any liability as to the quality or fitness for purpose of third party products and services; and makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, adequacy or reliability of any information contained herein.
Information in this guide is subject to changes without advance notice. Please contact the relevant product or service providers for enquiries.